We all are facing the horror of COVID-19. This is the situation that is speeding over the globe. There is no vaccine, no medicine, and no confirmed medical treatment for this pandemic but prevention, as prevention is better than cure. The scientist is doing their best to invent a vaccine, but yet no confirmed source has been worked to overcome. It is difficult to put into words what one has to do to overcome this difficult situation, but there are some precautionary measures that we can adopt to avoid this to happen to us.
- Use of wristband with hand sanitizer
- Wash your hand with soap
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain your social distance
- Monitor your health regularly
Why is it necessary to know how it spreads?
COVID-19 spreads quickly from one person to another, mainly because of the following reasons
- It is very easy for COVID-19 to be spread between the people who are in close contact with each other. (less than 6 feet)
- The means of respiratory droplets produced when an infected person breathes sings, talks, coughs, or sneezes.
- Few individuals are infected but do not show the symptoms are also the cause of spreading this virus.
There are some less common ways through which coronavirus can also spread, and these are
- There are some situations where people are in enclosed space with poor ventilation, occasionally COVID-19 can also be spread by airborne transmission
- There are chances of spreading this virus through contact with contaminated surfaces.
There are different ways to protect oneself from COVID-19, but the top 5 ways are as follows.
Use of Wristband with hand sanitizer: The most famous and unique way to avoid COVID-19 is using a wristband with a hand sanitizer. Now the question is why one has to choose wristband with hand sanitizer? Answer to this question is a wristband with hand sanitizer is easy to carry anywhere especially for those who need keeping the cleaner with them all the time but cannot deal with the difficulty of having a bottle. One can easily refill the wristband with sanitizer. Wristband with hand sanitizer provides its user with a perfect amount of hand sanitizer with a single press. Other benefits of using a wristband include it is washable, durable and smooth to touch.
Wash your hand:We all know that this virus spread when we touch our eyes, nose or mouth with our hands. So, our hands are one of the reasons to spread this virus. One of the most reliable, cheapest and easiest ways to avoid this virus is to wash your hands properly in this pandemic. To prevent this virus, just a quick hand wash is not effective below are some steps that we must have to adapt to protect ourselves from this virus.
- Properly wet your hand with running water
- Cover your hand with enough amount of soap
- Rub your hand correctly that all the surfaces get covered with soap (at least 20 seconds)
- Wash your hand with running water
- Dry your hand with a clean hand towel
When we have to wash our hands??
- a) Before and after enjoying your food.
- b) It is essential to clean your hand before preparing food.
- c) Though one should avoid touching the face if necessary, then use hand sanitizer.
- d) Don’t forget to use your hand sanitizer in a public place.
- e) After touching your pets.
- f) After caring for someone who is sick.
- g) After coughing or sneezing.
It is strongly recommended that one should avoid touching one’s eyes, nose, and mouth without washing hands properly with soap,
3- Avoid Close contact:
- Inside your home: We must have to maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet, especially if there is any sick person, then we must avoid close contact with that ill person.
- Outside your home: There are chances that one can spread this virus without showing any symptoms, so it is essential to maintain a social distance of about 6 feet in public to protect us from the virus.
4- Use a mask around your mouth and nose: It is very easy for the virus to get into our body through the nose and mouth so, it is highly recommended to use a mask to cover these vulnerable areas. Mask around the nose and mouth is necessary to wear as it provides a barrier to its user against germs. We should avoid crowded places but if essential than don't forget to wear a mask and not only safe ourselves but also the surrounding areas.
- Mask help prevent you from getting and spreading the virus.
- We must use the mask even if we are not sick.
Mask is not only for your protection from COVID but more to protect others from you in case you are the cause of spreading the virus, but you even don't know this.
5- Monitor your health regularly: Be alert to the symptoms and don't forget to check fever, shortness of breath, and cough especially if you are frequently visiting the public places.
Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and don't forget to throw the used tissue in the bin. Use the inside of your elbow in case tissue is not available. Along with personal hygiene, it is also necessary to clean the frequently touched surfaces daily to prevent the virus. Use detergent or soap and water on a priority basis to disinfection.
It is the responsibility of every person to play an active role to limit the spread of this virus by following precautionary measures regardless of health status.
In the end, as a conclusion, it is highly suggested "that precaution is better than cure", and the precautionary measure that we must have to follow are already mentioned in this article. Stay alert stay safe!